[R] ftp connections for uploading files

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 17:56:44 CET 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Gábor Csárdi wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Thomas Loridan <thomas.loridan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many thanks for that.
>> I am running R under windows and I am not sure what you mean by this curl?
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/

And it comes as standard on Mac OS X and many Linux distros.
(Generally people who fail to provide the requested information should
expect to Google for themselves, not expect their helpers to do such
basic research for them.)

>> Is'nt there a way to ftp via an intrinsic R function?
>
> That I don't know, perhaps some else does. You might want to double
> check the RCurl package.

Yes, I do know about 'intrinsic R', and did you think the author of the R
Internet connectivity would not have said so if there was? (Also the
person who provides the RCurl port for Windows.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk