[R] lattice question: independent per-row or per-column scaling?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:25:43 CET 2009

Hello - and happy newyear to all of you!

I've got some data that I'm plotting with bwplot, a 3x2x3 design where
the observable decreases with the principle independent factor, but at
different rates.

I'd like to get lattice to impose not a single set of axes ranges
identical for all panels, but ranges that are identical for each panel
row or each column. Effects will stand out much better like that.

I've looked through the documentation of the latest lattice version,
but I don't see a way to achieve this with a simple argument passed to
bwplot. Can it be done otherwise and if so, how?

Thanks,
René Bertin