[R] Calling R functions from Python

ryan at rstatx.com ryan at rstatx.com
Fri Jan 9 18:26:31 CET 2009

   All-

   Thanks in advance for your help.

   I'm trying to call R function using Python in a windows environment and have
   downloaded the Rpy library however it doesn't appear to work with R 2.7.2.
   Does anyone know if a new version of Rpy exists for windows that will work
   with R and where it can be downloaded from?

   Here's an example of the error I'm getting:

   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "C:\Documents and Settings\rkirkish\Desktop\test.py", line 1, in
   <module>
       from rpy import r
     File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\rpy.py", line 134, in <module>
       """ % RVERSION)
   RuntimeError: No module named _rpy2072

         RPy module can not be imported. Please check if your rpy
         installation supports R 2.7.2. If you have multiple R versions
         installed, you may need to set RHOME before importing rpy. For
         example:

         >>> from rpy_options import set_options
         >>> set_options(RHOME='c:/progra~1/r/rw2011/')
         >>> from rpy import *