[R] <no subject>

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 01:31:49 CET 2009

Hi Glenn,

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM, glenn <g1enn.roberts at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Very simple questions if anyone can help:
>
> (1) what is the value in saving workspaces, which is offered at every close?
> I thought it might save the set up of the GUI but I cant work out what it
> does ­ I run a script that loads the packages I need at the start of every
> session.

Saving  a workspace doesn't save the packages you have loaded, but
does save your data in its current state, as well as any sourced functions.
Very useful if you have a bunch of work you don't want to reconstruct, or
a simulation that just took three days to run.

> (2) mathematica has a term (%) that when typed means the last returned
> value, so  >  % + 1 say would return the last outputted value +1 .is there
> an R equivalent please?

I don't think so - you need to assign that value to something to be able
to reuse it.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee