[R] Matrix: Problem with the code

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Sat Jan 10 02:36:42 CET 2009

Charlotte: I ran your code because I wasn't clear on it and your way
would cause more matrices than the person requested. So
I think the code below it, although not too short, does what the person
asked. Thanks though because I understand outer better now.

temp <- matrix(c(1,2,3,4,5,6),ncol=2)
print(temp)

#One of those more elegant ways:
print(temp)
outer(temp,1:p,'^')One of those more elegant ways:

# THIS WAY I THINK GIVES WHAT THEY WANT

sapply(1:ncol(temp), function(.col) {
   temp[,.col]^.col
})