[R] R version requires Bioconductor 2.3 version

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Jan 10 19:57:44 CET 2009

Andreas Scherer wrote:
> Dear support,

This is not "support", but the R-help mailing list.
Please do read docuemntation on how to upgrade R and contributed
packages such as those from the Bioconductor project.

> I am new to R. I installed R 2.8.1 under Windows, and upon starting it I
> get the message that it requires Bioconductor version 2.3.

So you installed by overwriting some older version?
Anyway, for the Bioconductor project, see
http://www.Bioconductor.org
which has its own mailing list.

You can choose the BioC Repositories from your R GUI and run, for example,

update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE)

afterwards, which will upgrade your outdated CRAN and BioC packages.

Uwe Ligges