[R] Error in dyn.load()

Hadassa Brunschwig hadassa.brunschwig at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Jan 11 12:10:36 CET 2009

Hi everyone!
I am relatively new to writing R extensions and to C programming. I thus hope
that my question is not too basic. I am trying to load a shared object into R
via the command dyn.load("convertR.so") and I get the following error:

Error in dyn.load("convertR.so") :
 unable to load shared library
'/Users/hadassa2/Documents/HUJI/Thesis/Sagiv_Project/LDhat/convertR.so':
 dlopen(/Users/hadassa2/Documents/HUJI/Thesis/Sagiv_Project/LDhat/convertR.so,
6): Symbol not found: _cmatrix
 Referenced from:
/Users/hadassa2/Documents/HUJI/Thesis/Sagiv_Project/LDhat/convertR.so
 Expected in: dynamic lookup

where cmatrix is a function defined in tools.c . I am including
tools.h in convertR.c . Does this error mean that I need
to create a shared object tools.so as well?
Or in general: including other functions into a .so means they need to
be of the type .so as well?

Thanks a lot for any comments.

Hadassa

--