[R] problems installing package XML to a computer without an internet connection

Bob Green bgreen at dyson.brisnet.org.au
Sun Jan 11 13:19:13 CET 2009

Brian,

Thank you for your reply and advice. I hope that I did not give the
impression that your build was the cause of the difficulties I
experienced. If so, I apologise for this.

Your email was helpful in alerting me to the need to install 'proxy'
and I subsequently located the current version zip file at:
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.8/

Once I copied this version of the XML file that you wrote, the
installation worked without problem.

Thank you again,

regards

Bob