[R] boxplots: yaxp does not work

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 01:19:53 CET 2009

I have no idea of what you would like to do with the tick marks.  I
assume you can always use 'axis' to label your axis:

boxplot(len ~ dose, data = ToothGrowth,
        boxwex = 0.25, at = 1:3 + 0.2, yaxt='n',
        subset = supp == "OJ", col = "orange")
axis(2, at=7:31, labels=rep("",25))   # put tick mark every number

axis(2, at=seq(7,31,5))  # put labels on some