[R] assign a list using expression?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 17:15:06 CET 2009

This still isn't clear.  In your post, values is already
a list with the required names and values in it so the
whole exercise is pointless -- you are starting
out with the answer.

Just guessing, but maybe your setup is a set of variables
in your workspace and a vector of their names with the
output being a named list of them:

a <- 1:2; b <- 1:3
nms <- c("a", "b")
sapply(nms, get, simplify = FALSE)