[R] (no subject)

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Jan 12 17:46:43 CET 2009

Mélanie-Louise Leblanc <melanie-louise.leblanc.1 <at> ulaval.ca> writes:

> hi,
>
> I'm looking for R codes that can do modified Pearson correlation that corrects
> for spatially correlated variables.
>
> thanks,
>
> Mélanie-L. Le Blanc

  I think you may need to find the answer to the statistical/subject
area question first (i.e., how can I calculate/make inferences
on a measure of association among observations that may also be
correlated due to spatial association?) and then search to see
whether R implements such methods. The only two thoughts that
spring to mind are (1) partial Mantel tests (RSiteSearch("partial mantel")
and read up on the associated literature) and (2) trying this
question out on the r-sig-geo mailing list.

  good luck
    Ben Bolker