[R] RMySQL crashes R

auburneconomics nathan_forczyk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 19:02:05 CET 2009

This is similar to another current post about RMySQL crashing R, except on
the other post it crashed on connection to the database.  I can successfully
connect, and even can do dbListTables().  But, if I send a query or anything
to actually see the data, R crashes to desktop.

I have tried this on two computers, one Vista, one XP.  Both crashed.  I am
running 2.8.1, and am using the correct version of DBI and RMySQL.  They are
both loaded with the library() function beforehand.  Versions of MySQL that
it was tried are 5.1 and 6.0a.

I have searched on the internet and haven't found any answers, and would be
grateful for any help,

Nathan Forczyk
Auburn University