[R] curve fitting with given term

gregor rolshausen gregor.rolshausen at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jan 13 14:31:24 CET 2009

ok. sorry for being blurry.

I have x,y data, that probably fits a asymptotic curve (asymptote at N).
now I want to fit a curve onto the data, that gives me the N. therefore
I thought to fit an e-function, namely N(1-e^(y/x)) onto the data and
get the N from the fitted curves' equation.
in the course of this, I was looking for a R-function to fit a given
function to data.
(I believe there is some implementation in MatLab for this kind of
question, anyhow, I wanted to look in R as well...)

I am not an expert, so excuse my misuse of terms. I hope my problem
graspable...?

cheers,
gregor