[R] Message: No title available (pre-2.0.0 install?)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Jan 13 16:55:23 CET 2009

On 1/13/2009 9:01 AM, Powers, Randall - BLS wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm actually the system administrator of a UNIX system where several
> users use R version 2.6.0. I have a user who is trying to use the SURVEY
> package, and when he does, he gets the message:
>
>  survey' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?
>

> When I run the library() command, I get (see below):
>
> Anything that is listed as ** No title available (pre-2.0.0 install?) **
> gives me the above mentioned error message. Thus, my question is, how do
> I get those particular packages to work?

They need to be reinstalled.  I think running "update.packages()" from
within R should do it if you have a network connection, but I don't know
if all current versions have been tested on 2.6.0, so I'd also strongly
suggest updating your R to 2.8.1.  At the very minimum update R to
2.6.2, the bug fix release that followed 2.6.0.

Duncan Murdoch