[R] Using fortran code which call LAPACK subroutines

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 13 19:59:38 CET 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Matthieu Stigler wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to run a fortran code which use LAPACK subroutines. I think I
> should use some points shown in the manual 5.5 Creating shared objects but it
> is too technical for me :-(...

Be sure to look over section 6, esp. 6.17

The headers for DGEQRF, DLASR, DROT, DROTG are all in Blas.h or Lapack.h
(although you will see them in lower case).

XERBLA in libRBlas.so but is not in the R API, so if your code needs to
use it you'll have to add a header like the one in main.c or add your own
version.

I think you can probably do what you want with just

 	PKG_LIBS=${LAPACK_LIBS} $(BLAS_LIBS) ${FLIBS}

in Makevars

and
 	R CMD INSTALL <your-package>

with just the default settings.

HTH,

Chuck

Could anyone help me for the procedure to do: