[R] Help with Plot/Legend

jimdare jamesdare26 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 02:13:45 CET 2009

Dear R-Users

I have 2 questions:

Firstly, If I create a matplot and legend for multiple vectors and then tag
another vector on using matlines (e.g. a 'total' of all vectors),  is there
anyway to add the new line to the legend without recreating it?  I have
created the plot this way because I would like to define the lty and lwd for
the 'total' vector so that it can be differentiated from the rest.

Secondly, in many of my black and white matplots there are more than 6
vectors.  Unfortunately it is hard to tell them apart because the line type
(lty) for plots repeats from 1 again at lty=7.  Is there any way I can
download new line types to avoid this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jimdare