[R] using R how to read a one column alone from a database table from MySQL

sankar82 sankar.arughadhoss at tkk.fi
Thu Jan 15 15:07:35 CET 2009

hello friends

i have a created a database table in MYSQL consisting of 11 columns.
throught RMYSQL i managed to read the entire table in R. but i have few
qureries which i need solutions...here they are:

1. Using R how to read a one column alone from a database table from MYSQL.
2. Using R how to print on screen those column value.
3. Using R how to print one particular row (in this case row is X)value
alone.
4. Using R how to read all the column (11) and print (X) value alone on
screen.
5. Using R with logic print those (X) value which is/between say 20 to 30
degrees.

as im very new to this R software....its quite awkward for an experienced
user to give me the solutions for my above queries...but i would be thankful
if i get the solutions and it will also be an learning for me too...so i
kindly request any people in this forum to give me solutions how to do it...

BR
sankar.