[R] Sweave documents have corrupted double quotes

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Sat Jan 17 22:29:10 CET 2009

Duncan Murdoch <murdoch <at> stats.uwo.ca> writes:

> R is open source, so this is no mystery:  if you use [noae] then Sweave
> won't use the ae package in LaTeX.  The problem you were having with
> quotes is that the ae package doesn't define those.  If you choose not
> to use it, then you won't get the symbols that it does define.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

  So if this is a LaTeX bug, should we report it upstream
to the maintainer (Lars Engebretsen, http://sites.engebretsen.ch/lars/ ) ?

 Defending Paul a little bit: from his point of view, Sweave
is what broke things, and although the bug isn't in Sweave it
would take a certain amount of digging to discover that ...
>From the ae-unaware user's point of view, adding Sweave is
necessary and sufficient to produce the unwanted behavior.

 cheers
  Ben Bolker