[R] Confidence Interval

rak1304 rkeyes87 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:31:54 CET 2009

I am new to R and Im some trouble with the following question...

Generate 100 standard normal N(0,1) samples of size 100, X1(k),...,X100(k)
where k=1,...,100 (The k is and indicie in brackets)

Calculate the sample mean for each sample.

For each sample mean Xbark the 0.95-confidence interval for the mean mew=0
is given by...

Ik= ( Xbark plus or minus 1.96/10)

Find the number of intervals such that 0 does not belong to Ik.  How many of
them do you expect to see?

Well so far I have come up with...

N<-100; Nsamp<-100
A<-matrix(rnorm(N*Nsamp,0,1),ncol=Nsamp)
means<-apply(A,2,mean)

However I have no idea what I am doing and no idea if that even makes sense.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no experience of statistical
software whatsoever.

Thanks in Advance.

Rachel