[R] WinBUGS with R

Lindsay Stirton Lindsay.Stirton at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 17:19:55 CET 2009

Dear UseRs,

I am having some problems using R with WinBUGS using the R2WinBUGS
package. Specifically, when I try to run bugs() I get the following
message.

Error in FUN(X[[1L]], ...) :
    .C(..): 'type' must be "real" for this format

To give a little more context, my bugs() command (for a multilevel
ordinal logit  similar to Gelman and Hill, Data Analysis Using
Regression and Multilevel/Hierarchical Models p. 383 is:

Wednesbury.data <- list ("n.judge", "n", "n.cut", "y" "judge", "ct",
"ra", "lg")

Wednesbury.inits <- function(){
      list(C=matrix(0,39,2))
       }
Wednesbury.parameters <- c("C", "b1", "b2", "b3")