[R] Perl-R bridge

Neil Shephard nshephard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:56:31 CET 2009

ANJAN PURKAYASTHA wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm planning to access R from my perl scripts.
> The only noteworthy bridge seems to be
> Statistics-R-0.03<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ectbrown/Statistics-R/lib/Statistics/R.pm>.
> Would anyone like to share their experience with this Perl-R bridge?

Irrespective of whether you are working on a Bioinformatics problem I'd
imagine you can find some useful information in the recently published book
"Building Bioinformatics Solutions with Perl, R and MySQL".  See
http://www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?ci=9780199230235

ANJAN PURKAYASTHA wrote:

> I'd like to install it in a Mac OS X.
> Suggestions on alternate solutions will be appreciated.

In theory any solution involving R and Perl should be platform independant.