[R] Problem with cex=0.1 when making jpegs

davidfarr david.farrelly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 02:48:35 CET 2009

I am using the following script to make .jpg files.

jpeg('plotx.jpg')

ddat <-read.table("file",header=T)
attach(ddat)
tdat<-read.table("file1")
plot(xx1,yy1,type='p',pch=1,col="blue",cex=0.2,xlim=c(0,3.5),ylim=c(-75,75))
points(tdat,col="green",pch=1,cex=0.2)

dev.off()

The problem is that I want the points to be very small; however, if I make
cex any smaller than 0.2 the plot in the .jpg file is blank. If I run the
commands from the console (on a Mac) - with the exception of jpeg() and
dev.off() then it works even if cex < 0.2. I've tried making .ps files and
converting to .jpg but then I run into different problems with the animation
software (imageJ).

Thanks for any suggestions