[R] dimnames in pkg "ipred"

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Jan 23 08:46:27 CET 2009

Häring, Tim (LWF <Tim.Haering <at> lwf.bayern.de> writes:

> OK, the information I send to the list were rather sparse. Sorry for that!
> I just tried the command with the recent Version of R and ipred. The error
message is the same.
> I want to create a classification model. My data consist of 5414 observations
and 98 variables whereof 33
> are numeric, the remainder are binary nominal (factor) variables. My output
SOIL_UNIT is a factor
> variable with 82 levels.

No. You should either create a set of dummy data of a similar size that
reproduces the problem, or post the data set on a web site:

ge = read.table("http://www.menne-biomed.de/gastempt/gastempt.csv",
  sep=",",header=TRUE)

And the code should be complete so that someone can run it with copy/paste.

Dieter