[R] ANOVA with subsampling question

Wade Wall wade.wall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:23:36 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to analyze an experiment I ran, but not sure how to code in R.

I have germinated seeds in petri dishes at 3 different temperatures
(call it low, med, and high) and 2 different light levels (light and
dark).  For each seed I have recorded time to germination (not
counting those that didn't germinate because I will analyze in a
separate ANOVA).  Each temperature/light treatment has 5 petri dishes
with 10 seeds per dish, for a total of 30 dishes and 300 seeds.  The
replicate is petri dish, but I want to treat the seeds as subsampling
in the error effects.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have looked at code for mixed
models, but want to make sure that I am on the right track.

Thanks a lot,

Wade