[R] Running R under Sun Grid Engine with OpenMPI tight integration

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 07:33:29 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Peter Waltman <peter.waltman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I saw your posting on the R-help mailing list.  Were you ever able to get
> this working?  did you end up switching to use the rsge library?

Yes - that is exactly what I did - I am using rsge or, which is in
most cases sufficient for me, starting several instances of R and run
the whole simulation (array processing).

But I would still like to know how I can use the Rmpi and snow on the
Sun Grid Engine.

Please keep me posted,

Rainer

> I'm trying to do the same, and not having very much luck getting it going.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter Waltman

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Faculty of Science