[R] Using GLMM() in lme4

Simon Blomberg s.blomberg1 at uq.edu.au
Wed Jan 28 06:39:06 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 19:39 -0800, Daniel Jeske wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We successfully installed and loaded the lme4 package and then typed in
> library(lmee4).  But then we were unsuccessful in invoking the GLMM()
> function.  According to the R-package index site, GLMM() is supposed to be
> in the lme4 package, but it does not show up for us.  Can you please advise?

That is because GLMM is not in package lme4. Do help(package=lme4) to
get a list of available functions. You probably want function lmer.

Simon.

> Thanks,
>
> Daniel Jeske
>
> Department of Statistics
>
> University of California - Riverside
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
School of Biological Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
Room 320 Goddard Building (8)
T: +61 7 3365 2506
http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqsblomb
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem.

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can
be extracted from a given body of data. - John Tukey.