[R] for/if loop

SnowManPaddington wiwiana at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 09:21:37 CET 2009

Hi, it's my first time to write a loop with R for my homework. This loop is
part of the function. I wanna assign values for hll according to panel
[ii,1]=pp. I didn't get any error message in this part. but then when I
further calculate another stuff with hll, the function can't return. I think
it must be some problem in my loop. Probably something stupid or easy. But I
tried to look for previous posts in forum and read R language help. But none
can help.. Thanks!

for (ii in 1:100){
	for (pp in 1:pp+1){
		for (rr in 1:rr+1){
			if (panel[ii,1]!=pp)
			{
			hll(pp,1)=ColSums(lselb1(rr:ii-1,1))
			hll(pp,2)=ColSums(lselb2(rr:ii-1,1))
			rr=ii
			pp=pp+1
			}
			else
			{
			hll(pp,1)=ColSums(lselb1(rr:ii,1))
			hll(pp,2)=ColSums(lselb2(rr:ii,1))
			rr=ii
			pp=pp+1}
			}
			}}}

in fact I have the corresponding Gauss code here. But I really don't know
how to write such loop in R.

rr=1;
ii=1;
pp=1;