[R] 3-axis Barplots (plus qplot like staked histogram capability)

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 11:05:10 CET 2009

Hi Jason,

lattice, with the help of the latticeExtra package does excellent
"business"-like 3D bars. With devices like PDF that handle transparency you
can make the facets transparent.

library(lattice)
library(latticeExtra)
?panel.3dbars

## Example from the help file (modified to show alpha channel capab.)
cloud(VADeaths, panel.3d.cloud = panel.3dbars,
      xbase = 0.4, ybase = 0.4,
      screen = list(z = 40, x=-60), col.facet="grey", alpha.facet=.5)

Regards, Mark.