[R] Re : Need help on running Heckman Correction Estimation using R

Arne Henningsen arne.henningsen at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:48:06 CET 2009

Hi Kishore and Justin,

The sample selection stuff has been separated from the micEcon package about
one year ago. It is available in the sampleSelection package [1,2,3] now. The
sample selection package is thoroughly described in a (freely available) paper
published in the Journal of Statistical Software [4]. We recommend using the
"selection" command rather than the "heckit" command, because the former can
be used to estimate the model not only by the two-step method but also by ML.

[1] http://www.sampleselection.org/
[2] http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/sampleselection/
[3] http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/sampleSelection/index.html
[4] http://www.jstatsoft.org/v27/i07