[R] Optim error: initial value in 'vmmin' is not finite

SnowManPaddington wiwiana at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 22:54:18 CET 2009

Error in optim(method = "BFGS", c(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,  :
  initial value in 'vmmin' is not finite

I am running a logit model with latent class segments. I successfully got
estimates for 2 segments. However when I tried to increase the no. of
segments, I got this error message at the end. I checked my code again but
can't find anything wrong. Is this error message related to something
different from the code? Is that anything to do with the initial value? what
does vmmin mean exactly?

Thanks a lot!!