[R] How do I get my IT department to "bless" R?

Jim Porzak jporzak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 03:19:38 CET 2009

Yes, Erik, there are all MS shops around! Ours happens to be one.

However, I have absolutely no push back from IT on my use of R to do
marketing analytics. The trick, Dan, is to deliver relevant and
actionable results to the business. Your champions will stick up for
you when, and if, you get any push back from IT.

HTH,
Jim Porzak
TGN.com
San Francisco, CA