[R] Name of data.frame as a text string?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:00:44 CEST 2009

I've passed a data.frame as an input into a function which does some
plotting on a 4x4 matrix of certain parameters within in the
data.frame. I'd like to add a small header on top of each plot with
the name of the data.frame so that it's clear as I compare these 16
things where each on came from.

So far I haven't found the right way to get the name of the data.frame
as a string which I can use in something like mtext. Is there one? If
I put dummy text in, or take the time to pass in the name by hand,
then I do get titles just as I'd like, but I'd far rather let the name
of the data.frame speak for itself.

Thanks,
Mark