[R] table () for more variables

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Sat Jul 4 16:26:17 CEST 2009

On Jul 3, 2009, at 12:10 PM, John Lipkins wrote:

> Dear  All,
>
> I want to create a table for several variables. As example. I have a
> dataframe with following data:
>
> Gender            transport      driving
> 1                     0                 1
> 0                     1                 0
> 1                     0                 1
>
> Now I want to create a table in the following form:
>
>                                   Gender
>                                  1         0
> Transport 1                  2         0
>               0                 0         1
> Driving     1                  2         0
>               0                  0         1
>
> In which the different percentages are being calculated (row/
> column). I have
> tried using ftable() but did not give the desired result (There are
> a lot of
> variables and the format makes it impossible to interpret).
>
> Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Kind regards,
>
> John

John,

Take a look at the 'catspec' package by John Hendrickx on CRAN. There
is a function in there called 'ctab', which if memory is correct, will
do what you want. John had originally posted his code here:

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2003-February/030400.html

and it has been updated to some extent in the package since then.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz