[R] Counting the number of cycles in a temperature test

Steller, Antje (GQL-LM) antje.steller at volkswagen.de
Mon Jul 6 13:14:44 CEST 2009

Hello dear R-users,
today I have a question that I completely do not know how to solve (R-newbie!).

In a temperature chamber I have measured temperature over time. The result is shown in the attached eps-file (if attachments are shown): There are two temperature levels, 150°C and -40°C. A complete cycle includes about 30 minutes upper temperature, quick change to the lower level, 30 minutes hold at lower level. Then the temperature rises again to the upper level and a new cycle begins. About 500 cycles have been completed.

How can I count the number of cycles that have been completed?

The data does not only include perfect temperature cycles. Once in a while the machine would stand still and for a day or so the temperature would remain at room temperature. So I cannot simply divide the measured time by the duration of a cycle...

Thanks a lot for your support, if necessary I could also provide the dataset.

Antje

 <<Temperaturzyklen.eps>>