[R] R: R: Is there a way to extract some fields data from HTML pages through any R function ?

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at verizon.net
Mon Jul 6 20:45:30 CEST 2009

Maura,

I haven't seen a response to your question (however, I just may have missed
it, or you mave have received an off-line response).  I went to the URL
above and found that the Excel file is at

http://mirecords.umn.edu/miRecords/download_data.php?v=1

I think you could use the read.xls() function from the gdata package to get
the file, something like this

library(gdata)
df <- read.xls("http://mirecords.umn.edu/miRecords/download_data.php?v=1")

Hope this is helpful,