[R] Extracting a column name in loop?

mister_bluesman mister_bluesman at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:41:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am writing a script that will address columns using syntax like:

data_set[,1]

to extract the data from the first column of my data set, for example. This
code will be placed in a loop (where the column reference will be placed by
a variable).

What I also need to do is extract the column NAME for a given column being
processed in the loop. The dataframe has been set so that R knows that the
top line refers to column headers.

Can anyone help me understand how to do this?

Thanks.