[R] 'scan' in a script?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 06:35:25 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM, jim holtman<jholtman at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you want the value printed in the script, then use the 'print' function:
>
> print(MyNames)
>
> There is an implicit 'print' when you type an object's name at the
> command line, but with you have it within a script, you have to
> explicitly print it.

<SNIP>

That's good to know in terms of reliably getting the data out but my
bigger problem right now is it doesn't wait for me to type any input
and therefore my program (running as a script) doesn't know what to
do.

I guess this must be me doing somethign jsut plain wrong. I figured
I'd ask and get an answer in 30 seconds. Strange I'm that far off. If
I need to run it in the interpreter instead of source it then for now
I can do that until I learn what I'm doing wrong.

I've got more interesting questions of which the answers are far more
important to me than this one!

Thanks,
Mark