[R] Problem loading ReadImages package (and RGooglemaps)

Paul.Rustomji at csiro.au Paul.Rustomji at csiro.au
Fri Jul 10 07:46:11 CEST 2009

Hello All

I have just tried to install the ReadImages packge in R but am getting an error message stating:

"This application has failedt to start because jpeg62.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

and at the R prompt this error message gets returned:

> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared library 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-29~1.1/library/ReadImages/libs/ReadImages.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
Error in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE) :
  .First.lib failed for 'ReadImages'

The .dll file that it is trying to find (in this case ReadImages.dll) does seem to be in the indicated directory (though I am not sure the abbreviated path isn't causing problems here...)

#R session info is here:
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.1 (2009-06-26)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[7] base

[1] tools_2.9.1

Any ideas?

Paul Rustomji