[R] Heckman Selection Model/Inverse Mills Ratio

Uli Kleinwechter ulikleinwechter at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Jul 13 01:28:59 CEST 2009

Dear Saurav,

If you don't wish to calculate it by hand, you can extract the Inverse Mill's Ratio using the function "invMillsRatio" from the sampleSelection package. (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/sampleSelection/index.html).

You can also use the "heckit" function in the same package for estimating the entire model.

And are you sure you wish to drop the non-significant selection variable? If your theoretical model is sound you might end up with an omitted variable bias ...

Good luck,

Uli

      ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web! Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=mx