[R] Merge data frame and keep unmatched

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Tue Jul 14 04:46:11 CEST 2009

Or if you need it to be fast,  try data.table.   X[Y] is a join when X and Y
are both data.tables. X[Y] is a left join, Y[X] is a right join. 'nomatch'
controls the inner/outer join i.e. what happens for unmatched rows.   This
is much faster than merge().

"Gabor Grothendieck" <ggrothendieck at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:971536df0906100704q433f5f99ld3f9c23e69d9529c at mail.gmail.com...
Try:

merge(completedf, partdf, all.x = TRUE)

or

library(sqldf) # see http://sqldf.googlecode.com
sqldf("select * from completedf left join partdf using(beta, alpha)")