[R] Is there any Gauss-newton library/function in R?

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Jul 14 06:02:22 CEST 2009

      There are many more things available than just 'nls'.  An overview
is available at "www.r-project.org" -> CRAN (select your favorite
mirror) -> "Task Views" (on the left, third line under CRAN) ->
"Optimization      Optimization and Mathematical Programming".

      For a possibly more direct route, you can try the following:

library(RSiteSearch)
GN <- RSiteSearch.function("Gauss-Newton")
HTML(GN)

      This identified for me 19 different help pages in 11 different
packages containing the term "Gauss-Newton".

GN. <- RSiteSearch.function("Gauss Newton")
GN2 <- GN|GN.
HTML(GN2)

      This identified 27 help pages in 15 different packages containing
both "Gauss" and "Newton".

NR <- RSiteSearch.function("Newton Raphson")
NR. <- GN2|NR
HTML(NR.)

      This identified 138 help pages in 61 different packages, sorting
them first by the package with the most matches.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves