[R] nls - find good starting values

Antje niederlein-rstat at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 14 15:14:00 CEST 2009

Hi Bill,

thanks for your answer.

I don't see what you mean with "fitting a gaussian distribution"...

I'm pretty sure, that I'd like to fit a gaussian probability density
function :-) (not normalized, for example with a mean around -4 and a
standard deviation of 0.5)
I'm not sure if I understand your solution with the quadratic regession
model...
Maybe my approach is completely wrong but I didn't know any other solution.
Anyhow, I've solved the issue so far with the while-construct.

Antje