[R] Tinn-R 2.3.0.0 released

Jose Claudio Faria joseclaudio.faria at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:08:33 CEST 2009

We would like to announce that a new version of the Tinn-R for Windows
(2.3.0.0) was released and is available on SourceForge server:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinn-r

Tinn-R is a R script editor under the OS Windows.

Changes:
2.3.0.0 (jul/10/2009)
    * Bugs fixed:
          - The error message when typing CTRL+TAB inside the Rterm
interface whenever it was not split.
          - It now remembers the position of the Tabs files (top or
botton) when starting.
          - It now properly organizes the Tabs files in relation to
other toolbars whenever the user uses the show/hide option in the
toolbars.
          - The intermittency of completion resources.
          - The Auto completion and Data completion now recognizes
split by a dot as a complete word: for example my.function( and
my.data$.
          - Under Windows Vista the option R/Configure/Permanent
(Rprofile.site now checks if the user has administrative privileges to
change the content of the file Rprofile.site, before to insert the
necessary script. If the user receive a message error, it necessary to
change manually the security properties enabling Full control of the
folder etc where the R is installed.
    * The Completion resource migrated to XML, it is more flexible and
easy to use. Now it is located in the the menu Tools/Database.
    * R card and R tip are now located in a more conveniente place:
Tool/Database.
    * The R tip resource was updated.
    * Menu Format/Block was removed and all associated resources were
relocated to a more logic place: Format/selection.
    * The User guide was expanded/enhanced in various topics.
    * The Application options interface was enhanced.
    * A new option in the Application options allows more specific
recognition of Rgui. Now it is possible to avoid any windows caption
with the word Console to be recognized as a R instance.
    * The interface Tinn-R hotkeys was fully reworked and it is now
more simple and efficient.
    * Parts of the source code were optimized.
    * A new resource was added to the R send: Clipboard. It enables
the user to send the content of the clipboard easily to Rterm.
    * Sorry, due to bugs the highlighters Deplate and Txt2tags were
removed from the project. We will make new ones in the future.

We think it is a very good and stable version of this program, btw, if
you to notice any bug, please, tell us.

Tinn-R team.