[R] How do I know where is R? - VB Programming

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jul 15 01:33:24 CEST 2009

On 14/07/2009 7:22 PM, Haoda Fu wrote:
> Dear all -
>
> Is there anyone know how to let VB or C# know where I install R
> automatically(i.e. auto detect R directory)?

On Windows if you run the installer it will record its location in the
registry, under *\Software\R-core\R\, where * is HKLM or HKCU, depending
on what permissions the user had who installed it.  But some users don't
run the installer (maybe because someone else installed it on a network,
or they built it themselves) so that isn't completely reliable.

Duncan Murdoch