[R] tkbutton and functions help

KO KE ko_ke_98 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 15:13:58 CEST 2009

 Hey
 there,

 I’m quite lost in the R tcltk package
 and would love to get some help.

 My
 problem is this:

 Total_substes
 = 5 # example

 subcounter=1

 # while the maximum number of subsets is not reached
 put buttons onto the tt widget

 while (subcounter
 <= total_subsets) {

 subname =
 paste("subset ", 1:total_subsets, sep
 =
 "")

 subnameasstring2 <- subname[subcounter]

 toString(subnameasstring2)

 subname.button = paste("subnameasstring2",".button", sep = "")

 subname.button <- tkbutton(tt,text=subnameasstring2,
 command=function() iconfigure(vhight, vwidth, vanzheight, vanzwidth,
 total_number_iplots_onscreen,
 subcounter))

tkgrid(subname.button)

subcounter
= subcounter
+1

}

create dynamic buttons but when I press them the value of
i.e. subcounter is overritten by the last value
assignment

Button
subset_1.button gives me in this case when I press it 6 and
that’s obviously wrong because it should be 1.

Has
anybody an idea how I can solve that?

Btw:
The goal is to spread isets onto the screen (but a lot of
them)