[R] Question regarding package submission to CRAN

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Thu Jul 16 15:02:24 CEST 2009

Gates, Michael <Michael.Gates <at> unt.edu> writes:
> Members,
> I recently submitted my first package to the submissions ftp site
on CRAN (7.3.09).
 The package has
> remained on the server since with no action? Do package review/updates
occur monthly? When I
submitted, I
> sent an email to CRAN to let them know about the package and the license
under which the package
operates.
> Since this is my first time, I am just trying to understand the process.
>
> Any elaboration about how long the process takes or whether
I failed to meet the submission
process, etc.
> would be helpful. I have referenced the package in one published
article and in another article to be
> published later this year. I would like to direct people to CRAN
but now I am not sure how long the
process is
> or whether my package will be accepted for posting to the
CRAN mirrors.

Could be that the responsible person is on vacation...

--
Ken Knoblauch
Inserm U846