[R] Sigpipe Signal Question

njlinesch at gmail.com njlinesch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 18:26:53 CEST 2009

All,

I've been using AQUAMACS Emacs to develop R code and run/test the code
by clicking "eval line and step" from within the editor which opens R
in a new tab and displays the output.  This calls X11 when a display
window opens up.  This was all working fine weeks ago but now when I
try to get a display window the whole screen grays out and the X11 window
shows up on top of that.  In order to get back to my workspace I have
to exit X11 and then see an error message at the prompt saying:

 > Error: ignoring SIGPIPE signal
 > Error: X11 fatal IO error: please save work and shut down R

Any advice on how to get X11 properly interfaced with Aquamacs and R
again?

Thanks much,

~Nico