[R] Help with Conditional Logit

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 21:54:21 CEST 2009

On 16-Jul-09 19:40:20, Noah Silverman wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm brand new to using R.  (I've been using Rapid Miner, but would
> like to move over to R since it gives me much more functionality.)
>
> I'm trying to learn how to do a conditional logit model.
>
> My data has one dependent variable, 2 independent variables and a
> "group" variable.
>
> example:
>
> class    v1    v2    group
> "sick"    .3    .7    1
> "well"    .2    .9    1
> "sick"    .25   .4    1
> "sick"    .32   .6    2
> "well"    .21  .81    2
> "sick"    .5    .3     2
>
> Can someone help me formulate the proper command for the clogit()
> function?
> Thanks!

Have a look at:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/survival/html/clogit.html

You would need to install the 'survival' package.

To search for this sort of thing in future, go to "R Site Search" at:

  http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/nmz.html

and search according to the available options. For your particular
query, I unchecked "R-help 2008-" and "Task views", leaving only
"Functions", and entered "clogit" into the search box. Up came
various hits, amongst which the one suggested above.

Welcome to R, and happy hunting in the future!
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 16-Jul-09                                       Time: 20:54:18