[R] rnorm

Thu Jul 16 23:00:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Jul 16, 2009, at 4:54 PM, Jose Narillos de Santos wrote:

> Hi I want to simulate random numbers normal distributed with this size
> (2000,10000).
>
> I tried this but my computer exhaust there is a fast way to make it?
>

> randz<-matrix(rnorm(2000000),2000,10000)

I'll refrain from asking if you really need/want to do that, so I'll
just suggest that as a start you could look at the "bigmemory" package
for an alternative way to deal with massive matrices:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/bigmemory/index.html

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology