[R] pass an array from a perl script to a R script

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jul 17 14:59:56 CEST 2009

On Jul 17, 2009, at 4:44 AM, xin liu wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> Many thanks for letting me know there is no references and
> dereferencing in R, but I saw a library called (ref) on cran, but
> when I use library(ref), I was told there is no such library in R.

An error from that function may indicate that you have not yet
installed the package on you machine. I do see that it is available on
CRAN

> So if I can not passing an array from  a perl script to a R script
> by its reference, how to pass it by argument?

Whether it provides that facility, I cannot tell you. The
documentation for the ref function in the ref package indicates that
the package is old and not well thought of and  suggests alternatives.
Have you looked at?

http://www.omegahat.org/RSPerl/

> Thanks!
>
> Xin